Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Power of Prayer

A few weeks ago I joined this prayer thing at my church, just to pray for the world, the church, etc. Well one thing we did was we prayed for people who were not coming and who had not come for a significant amount of time. We prayed that they were okay, and that they were still had a good relationship in God, among other things. Our adviser wanted to pray for a specific person, whose name we shall call "A". We prayed for that, and guess what, she came! For the first time in months, I think. Pretty neat stuff. Some other people that did not come for months, came. Really amazing.

The next week (which was last Sunday), our adviser actually got out the names list and started praying for names. And wow, even more people came. Including more who had not come for weeks and/or months. I recall we were just praying for a specific person, and he came just as we were praying. Our adviser's face was speechless. That week was the busiest week for the church in some time. In fact all the seats were filled, and it happened to be the day when we did the breaking of the bread.

"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." Acts 2:42
"...And the Lord added to the number daily being saved." Acts 2:47
^^The above were the central verses to the lesson on the first week of the influx of people.

God does wonders through prayer.

1 comment:

Kenzie F. said...

Hey!
I was looking through Google for updates on weather where I live, and I came upon your blog.

I must say that it is amazingly refreshing to meet someone my age who is confident in his faith, enough so to put his thoughts and walk in faith on a public website for everybody to read and comment.

I live in Mexico (but i'm Canadian), and just recently went on a trip with a Korean church based out of L.A, and we did a huge prayer week in the state of Michoacan. My group went out to a big mountain with a view of the whole city, and we had a 2 worship and praise session. There were 3 other groups apart from ours, and we all had an identical list of things to pray about. At a certain time, we would all start praying about the same thing, and I have to tell you, it was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen. We were at the 4 corners of the city, and that day the sky was completely grey and overcast. But over the 4 corners, there were clear patches of sky. Exactly where our groups were praying.

That week, a ton of amazing things happened. We had little kids from the praise team praying for kids, and they would be slain in the spirit. Miraculous healings (they got an old mans heart beating strong after almost a year of only a beat or two per minute), and sight restored to near blind people.

haha so I know I don't know you, but I thought that you might like to know this! God is good, all over the world :)

-Kenzie